Check the Library website for databases, books, and online videos to help you during summer school.
Search Databases A to Z to find resources for your field of study:
- PsycINFO – from the American Psychological Association: access 2 million citations and summaries (journal articles, book chapters, books, dissertations) since 1840.
- AWM Online: access The Australian Writer’s Marketplace.
- Academic Search Premier: search information in many areas including social sciences, humanities, language and linguistics, arts and literature, etc.
- APA-FT: find Australian peer-reviewed articles on sociology, Indigenous studies, politics, literature and history.
- Streaming video: view videos on a range of topics.
- Emerald: access nearly 300 journals covering management, HRM, marketing and information management.
- Business Source Complete: access financial data, conference proceedings, case studies, reports, company profiles and SWOT analyses.
- Mint Global Bureau van Dijk: search global database of 100 million listed and unlisted companies with financials, ratios, credit ratings, ownership, reports, news articles, etc.
- Newspapers including ANZ Newsstand: access a selection of full-text newspapers from Australia and New Zealand.
- Nexis Company Dossier: search over 80 million public, private, and international companies.
- Education Research Complete: explore topics ranging from early childhood to higher education, and educational specialties (e.g. multilingual education, health education and testing).
- A+ Education – based on the Australian Education Index: access more than 700 journals.
- Academic Search Premier: find information in many areas including education and youth work.
Engineering & Science
- IEEE Xplore – content published by the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers: search journals, conference proceedings, standards and e-books.
- Academic Search Premier (external link) : find information in many areas including chemistry, engineering and physics.
- Engineering Collection: search across all broad engineering fields, including civil engineering, engineering of railroads & roads.
Law & Justice
- CCH IntelliConnect: access information on Australian competition law legislation, case law and commentary.
- Kluwer Arbitration: search the world's leading online resource for international arbitration research.
- LEGENDcom: find migration and citizenship legislation and policy documents.
Sports & Exercise Science
- SPORTDiscus: search more than 700,000 full-text articles dating back to 1985 for all areas of sports & sports medicine literature.
- ScienceDirect: access peer reviewed journals with full text content covering areas in science, technology, medicine, the social sciences and business.
- Playmeo: explore online database of group games and activities for teachers, corporate trainers, camp leaders, youth workers, outdoor educators, etc.
Search for resources
You can browse:
- books listed for your discipline (e.g. Engineering & Science) or on related topics.
- journals by subjects (e.g. Business & Economics, Engineering & Applied Sciences, Physical Sciences & Mathematics).
- online videos – keyword search or browse the complete list.
- Library guides that list relevant resources for your field e.g. Bachelor of Business, Bachelor of Education, Bachelor of Laws, Bachelor of Sport Management, SPE1006 Introduction to Movement Skills
- Referencing guides for details on how to use the referencing style relevant to your field.
- 'How to Guides' on Accessing Library resources from offshore or Evaluating information (to prepare assignments).