A highly motivated and qualified educator, Monique Collins has been a teacher at VU for five and a half years. Monique has a strong focus on creating a student-centred, inclusive learning environment and works closely with industry partners to develop engaging learning activities for students' giving them meaningful, real-life experiences, in preparation for life after university.
Monique has had 10 years of experience in the sport, recreation and fitness industry, taking on various roles, all of which help to enhance the quality of the programs she teaches. Monique has held various leadership roles throughout her time at VU, including; leading the 2011 and 2012 Singapore Study Tour, organising the student orientation program and coordinating the sport, recreation and fitness VETiS auspiced programs.
- 5½ years TAFE teaching experience at VU
- SEDA Teacher
- CRT Teacher - across various schools in Melbourne
- Pre-service teacher – Maribyrnong Secondary College and Overnewton Anglican Community College
Co-ordination/Leadership at VU
- Singapore Study Tour
- VETiS Program
- Student orientation program.
- Netball Coach - Foundation and Development Level Netball Coach – Netball Victoria
- Coordinator – Westgate Indoor Sports Centre School Holiday Program
- Volunteer work – various sport and recreation events incl: Singapore National Games and World Netball Championships
- Life Be In It instructor
- Customer Service – Melbourne Stadiums Limited (Telstra Dome)
- Active After School Community Coach – Australian Sports Commission
- Level 2 First Aid & CPR – Life Saving Victoria.
- Victoria Institute of Teaching
- Netball Victoria.
Areas of expertise
- Physical education