Julie is an academic teaching scholar in the First Year College. She combines her teaching role with her clinical Midwifery practice in the hospital setting.
Julie has been teaching at Victoria University for five years.
She commenced this work teaching the Indigenous health and wellbeing unit. This teaching was informed by her previous nine years of teaching with Aboriginal Health Workers at the Victorian Community Controlled Health Organisation RTO. At the commencement of the First Year College she began convening Foundations of Nursing and Midwifery 1.
Areas of expertise
- Foundation skills for nursing and midwifery
- Aboriginal health and wellbeing
- Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Australian College of Midwives (ACM)
- Leaders in Indigenous Nursing and Midwifery Excellence Network (LINMEN)
- 12 years Registered Midwife
- 10 years teaching Indigenous health and wellbeing