On Friday 12 October 2012 over 300 student and staff volunteers will take part in Volunteer for you (V4U) day. At V4U day you can take part in fun and interactive volunteer projects throughout the Maribyrnong community in the west of Melbourne.
The purpose of this project is to thank and give back to the local community that supports Victoria University. A similar successful event was held last year so we've decided to do it again and show our support for the communities in the West.
Some of the projects our students and staff will participate in include:
- working with aged care
- working with youth and children
- painting projects
- working with the food bank.
What you will gain from taking part in V4U:
- you'll meet new people and increase your self-confidence
- give back to the community and help those in need
- gain a hands on experience
- learn to be a team leader
- gain more skills in your own field of study via LiWC - Learning in the Workplace and Community
- have something that will look great on your resume!
- have an opportunity to meet the Vice-Chancellor
- get a free breakfast, lunch, T-shirt and hat
- a chance to enjoy the celebration after a day's work where all volunteers will be handed certificates!
Register online now to be part of this wonderful volunteer opportunity.