Sue is a lecturer in mathematics in the College of Education. She started her career as a secondary mathematics teacher. She has been Executive Office of the Mathematics Association of Victoria and worked in the Victorian Education Department as Curriculum Development Manager among other roles. She also worked for Education Services Australia (ESA) (Curriculum Corporation) as a subject matter expert for mathematics on The Learning Federation project which developed online learning objects for students.
Other roles for ESA include managing the Discovering Democracy Project and as the Manager of Communication. Prior to working at VU, Sue worked at the Australian Curriculum and Assessment Authority as the Project Manager for the development of The Australian Curriculum: Mathematics.
S Ferguson (2012) Mathematics Education in the Primary School [Compilation], Sydney Pearson Australia
Susan teaches the following units:
Susan coordinates the following course:
- Bachelor of Education P-12, Year 2 Coordinator at St Albans Campus.
Susan coordinates the following units:
Areas of expertise
- Curriculum development particularly in mathematics and science
- ICT development and implementation particularly in mathematics
- Mathematics learning and teaching
- primary and secondary mathematics