Kathleen Mikkelsen is from the Institute for Health and Sport (IHES).
Kathleen is currently completing her PhD in immunology as the recipient of the Vice Chancellor’s scholarship in 2018. Her work focuses on the mechanisms of inflammation and tumour progression using Vitamin B as a potential new means to treat or prevent inflammatory processes.
Her research interests include next-generation sequencing, epigenetics, bioinformatics, oncology, immunology and mental health. Kathleen has worked extensively with B vitamins throughout her undergraduate and honours degree and how they relate to inflammation and progression to chronic disease.
Kathleen can assist with:
- reference management – Endnote
- Turnitin and plagiarism
- QUEST – Ethics applications
- Qualtrics – survey generating program
- research using databases such as PUBMED
- scientific writing and publication
- GraphPad Prism
- proofreading of papers
- oral presentations
- poster presentations.
Kathleen is available at Footscray Park Campus, Room P416 Research Lounge and by phone +61 478 405 113, every second Monday (from Monday 29 July onwards), 11am-1pm.
Book an appointment with Kathleen.
The Research Ambassadors can be contacted:
- at City Flinders Campus, Room 9.10a and by phone +61 478 405 117, on Tuesdays, 11am-1pm
- at City Flinders Campus, Room 9.10a and by phone +61 478 405 117, every second Friday starting Friday 26 July, 11am-1pm
- at Footscray Park Campus, Building P, Room P416 Research Lounge and by phone on +61 478 405 113, every second Monday starting Monday 29 July, 11am-1pm
- via email seekRA@vu.edu.au
- on Skype (look for contact name 'vuseekra') during the service hours.
The service is not available on public holidays.