Kathleen Mikkelsen is from the Institute for Health and Sport (IHES).
Kathleen is currently completing her PhD in immunology as the recipient of the Vice Chancellor’s scholarship in 2018. Her work focuses on the mechanisms of inflammation and tumour progression using Vitamin B as a potential new means to treat or prevent inflammatory processes.
Her research interests include next-generation sequencing, epigenetics, bioinformatics, oncology, immunology and mental health. Kathleen has worked extensively with B vitamins throughout her undergraduate and honours degree and how they relate to inflammation and progression to chronic disease.
Kathleen can assist with:
- reference management – Endnote
- plagiarism detection software and plagiarism
- QUEST – Ethics applications
- Qualtrics – survey generating program
- research using databases such as PUBMED
- scientific writing and publication
- GraphPad Prism
- proofreading of papers
- oral presentations
- poster presentations.