Jun-De is a Professor at the College of Engineering and Science. He obtained his BEng from Tsinghua University, China, in 1982 and was awarded PhD from the University of Melbourne in 1989.
He started his academic career as a research assistant at Melbourne University, and then worked at Sydney University as a Research Fellow.
Jun-De joined Victoria University in 1995. Since that time he has held the following visiting positions:
- Visiting Fellow at Princeton University, USA, in 1999
- Senior Visiting Scholar at Tsinghua University, China, in 2014
- Visiting Professor at the Shenzhen Graduate School of the Harbin Institute of Technology, China, in 2015.
Li, J.D. (2004) Dynamic response of constant temperature hot-wire system in turbulent velocity measurements, Meas. Sci. Technology. 15, pp.1835-1847.
Zhang, J., Dow, N., Duke, M., Ostarcevic, E., Li, J.D, and Gray, S. (2010) Identification of material and physical features of membrane distillation membranes for high performance desalination, Journal of Membrane Science. 349, 295–303.
McKeon, B.J., Li, J., Jiang, W., Morrison, J.F. & Smits, A.J. (2004) Further observations on the mean velocity distribution in fully developed pipe flow J. Fluid Mech., 501, pp.135-147.
Li, J. D. and Bilger, R. W. (1993) Measurement and prediction of the conditional variance in a turbulent reactive-scalar-mixing layer. Physics of Fluids. A 5(12), 3255-3264.
Perry, A. E. and Li, J. D. (1990) Experimental support for the attached eddy hypothesis in zero-pressure-gradient turbulent boundary layers. J. Fluid Mech. 218, pp.405-438.
Co-supervision of 2 PhD students, 1 masters student
- Fluid Mechanics
- Heat Transfer
- Air conditioning
- Energy and Environment
- Engineering Computing
- Boundary layer theory
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) (Postgraduate subject)
- Advanced Thermodynamics and Fluid Dynamics (Postgraduate subject)
- Comalco Aluminum Limited
- Vision System Pty Ltd
- P&O Group, Australia
- ISECO Consulting Service, Melbourne
- Central Highlands Water
- Western Water
Areas of expertise
- Heat and mass transfer
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)