Jiaying (Alice) is from the Institute for Sustainable Industries and Liveable Cities (ISILC), Victoria University.
Her PhD research lies at the cutting edge multi-disciplinary area of economics and computer science, applying machine learning methods to understand housing economics and housing price. Her current work uses data analysis methods and datasets beyond traditional economic modelling, such as deep learning, gradient boosting, and geo-spatial, textual, and image datasets.
As the primary investigator of this multi-disciplinary housing project, she has successfully established a series of research questions and published a number of research papers.
Jiaying can assist with:
- statistics and quantitative analysis
- statistical software – SPSS, STATA, Python
- quantitative research design
- socio-economic data searching from various data platforms (ABS, AURIN, Kaggle.com), data collection and ethics approval, cloud secure storage and sharing
- geo-spatial data visualisation using platform AURIN
- online writing platform – Overleaf for paper writing collaboration, or thesis drafting
- conferences presentation – PowerPoint, oral, poster, video recording and post production
- scholarly publishing, peer-review process, research impact
- proposal development and research paper proof-reading
- research publication databases
- reference management – EndNote, LaTeX
- plagiarism detection software and plagiarism
- candidature procedure and university policies
- research scholarship applications
- procrastination/time management.