- HNB1205 Foundations in Nursing.
James is an academic teacher with the First Year College at Victoria University. He started his career as a registered nurse, within the Medical Intensive Care Unit, level 1 trauma centre, located in Albany, New York (USA). He has also held roles such as:
- flight nurse on fixed winged aircraft for patient transport national and international flights
- educator for the Philips Monitor sector, providing instructional training for the hospital staff, on the use of newly purchased Philips equipment.
James relocated from the USA, to Australia, and was employed by Mercy Health, Werribee Hospital within their emergency department as a staff nurse. James continued within Mercy as an educator within the hospital and their aged care facility.
Other roles James has had include:
- educator within the TAFE system and private RTO’s
- clinical educator at placement within the Melbourne area
- Simulation Lab Manager and public relation representative for a local RTO (nursing)
- Legal Nurse Consultant within the Melbourne area.
Areas of expertise
- Public speaking
- Legal nurse consultant