Caglayan Yasan is an academic teaching scholar in First Year College, in the College of Health and Biomedicine.
Her nursing background is in surgical, community and rapid assessment nursing. She graduated as a Registered Nurse in 2003 and currently works as a community nurse with Drake Mendox Agency to maintain currency in the Nursing Industry. She is enrolled in a PhD at VU, the topic of which is: 'Evaluation of Falls Prevention 6PACK Program in Medical Ward'.
Caglayan is the unit convenor for Foundations in Nursing 1.
She commenced her career at VU as a clinical facilitator in 2015, followed by facilitating second and third-year nursing students, before obtaining a permanent position in the First Year College.
Her research interests include:
- pressure injury
- nurses' documentation with pressure injuries
- falls prevention to improve patient safety and well-being.
Nursing, College of Health & Biomedicine
Areas of expertise
- Pressure injuries, staging and prevention
- Falls Prevention
- Manual handling techniques: No lift
Snyder, S.J., Levett-Jones, T., Burton, P. & Harvey, N. (2017). Skills in Clinical Nursing (1st ed.) Pearson. Australia. Units 5 (Skin and Wound Care) and 8 (Perioperative Nursing Skills).
Australian and New Zealand Falls Prevention Conference (2017) Nurses’ Documentation of Falls Prevention in Patient Centred Care Plans. Poster Presentation.
- Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Australian Nursing and Midwifery Federation (ANMF)
- Registered Nurse Observation Unit: The Northern Hospital
- Injury Prevention Educator: The Northern Hospital
- Injury Prevention Coordinator: The Northern Hospital
- Registered Nurse Surgical Unit: The Northern Hospital
- Community Nursing: Drake Mendox Agency