Bill Eckersley is Associate Professor of Teacher Education at Victoria University in Melbourne.
Since joining Victoria University in 2003, he has taken a range of service roles at the School, College and University levels including:
- Associate Dean/Director of Learning and Teaching
- Deputy Chair of the Victoria University Human Research Ethics Committee (VUHREC)
- Acting Head: College of Education
- Co-director: Access and Success
Bill has had extensive teaching experience in undergraduate and postgraduate programs including the Bachelor of Education, Master of Education and Doctor of Education/PhD.
His research interests focus on:
- postgraduate student experience
- educational partnerships
- teaching and learning
- organisational culture
- social inclusion
- educational leadership.
He currently supervises a number of postgraduate students who are completing their M Ed, EdD or PhD degrees. He has led, contributed to and evaluated a range of successful internal and external research projects with industry links to organisations such as the Victorian Institute of Teaching, Teaching Australia and the Victorian Department of Education and Training.
View Bill's publications in the Victoria University Institutional Repository.
- Change and Social Justice (Coordinator)
- Curriculum and Innovation
- Practice in Partnership
- Joining the Profession
- Professional Orientation
- Australian Teacher Education Association (ATEA)
- Australian Council of Educational Leadership (ACEL)
- Australian Association of Research in Education (AARE)
- American Educational Research Association (AERA)
Areas of expertise
- Educational leadership
- Portfolio development
- School, university and community partnerships
- Social inclusion and student equity
- student experience
- Teacher Education
- Teaching and learning