Alan Galt is a Teacher in Transport Distribution and Logistics in Victoria Polytechnic.
He has gained extensive management experience during a variety of postings associated with the Australian Defence Force and Woolworths' Supply Chain which include:
- project team development and leadership
- human resource and change management
- professional training and development
- developing site, national and international logistic strategies
- gaining corporate agreement, and
- managing operational implementation.
Lead facilitator for the delivery of the TLI50415 - Diploma of Logistics for a leading industry service provider.
36 client managers based in five Australian states undertaking study by a variety of workshop and distance learning delivery techniques.
Alan has held diverse operational and executive roles within the Australian Defence Force at local, regional and international level. He has completed assignments in Australia, Antarctica, the Middle East and Germany.
Areas of expertise
- excellent mentor and coach
- highly capable in recruiting, developing, leading, managing and motivating individuals to deliver team results within a complex supply chain environment
- identifying key business issues, mapping process paths and providing innovative solutions for complex logistic operations
- strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills; exercising sound conceptual and organisational skills to analyse, plan, lead, and manage projects