TAE40110 - Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
On this page
VU course code:TAE40110
Study mode:Part Time
Location:Footscray Park, Industry / Workplace, City King Campus
Delivery mode:On campus, Industry and Working in the Workplace
Duration:0.5 years part time
This information is for Australian residents. Click here to search for courses available to non-residents
Develop the skills and knowledge required to perform the role of a trainer, facilitator or assessor in the workplace and in Registered Training Organisations (RTOs).
This course is suitable for professionals, tradespeople and others who are training or are required to train in the workplace.
During the course you will:
- learn to plan and design learning programs
- learn to best facilitate learning and assessment for groups and individuals
- develop skills for effective training in the workplace
- gain an understanding of the Vocational Education and Training (VET) sector.
The TAE40110 - Certificate IV in Training and Assessment is recognised Australia wide and is the qualification that complies with the standards set out by the National Standards and Skills Council.
If you have enquiries about this course you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org or the Student Contact Centre on +61 3 9919 6100.
- workplace trainer and/or assessor
- RTO trainer and/or assessor
Find out more about pathways and credits.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Your existing skills obtained through previous work, education and life experiences may make you eligible to receive formal recognition towards your qualification through the Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) process.
This process acknowledges that people learn in many different ways and that learning may have been obtained through formal or informal learning. To receive RPL, your skills, training and experiences are assessed against recognised qualifications.
Applications for RPL can be made prior to enrolling. To discuss RPL for this course please contact us on +61 3 9919 6100 and ask for the course manager of this course.
The Certificate IV in Training and Assessment is a nationally recognised training and assessment qualification, which replaces the previous TAA40104 Training Package for Assessment and Training. The new TAE10 Training Package is designed to meet the current and future competency development and qualification needs of new and existing personnel working across a broad range of work functions and activities within Vocational Education and Training (VET).
This qualification is offered to:
• People seeking to undertake training and assessment
• Individuals undertaking professional development or staff development
• Individuals seeking to extend or enhance and compliment their existing qualifications
• Registered Training Organisations and staff intending to deliver and or assess Training Package qualifications to internal or external clients.
To be eligible to for the qualification of TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, students are required to complete a total of ten (10) units of competency, consisting of:
Seven (7) Core Units, and;
Three (3) Elective Units.
At least two (2) elective units must be selected from the elective units listed below. One (1) elective may be selected from any currently endorsed Training Package or accredited course. Elective units must be relevant to the work outcome, local industry requirements and the qualification level. Where a unit is chosen from another currently endorsed Training Package or accredited course, it must be from a qualification or course at Certificate III level or above, and must contribute towards the vocational outcome of the program.
- Mature: A combination of relevant vocational industry experience/qualifications and educational experience/qualifications
- Other: Direct Entry
A combination of relevant vocational industry experience/qualifications and educational experience/qualifications
How to apply for this course
You can apply direct online to VU from 10 August 2015.
Consider whether you also wish to apply for:
Special admission: You can request special consideration be given to your application based on your individual situation.
Find out more about special admission or complete the Direct admissions special consideration application
- Extra credit for past skills and study - known as Recognition for Prior Learning (RPL) or Skills recognition.
When you're ready:Apply direct to VU
You will need to create an account (or use your existing VU one).
Direct applications due 31 December 2015.
After you apply:
- It’s important to check for emails from us (remember to check your Spam folder).
- Complete any requests for information by the given dates, otherwise your application may not be considered
You can also contact us directly:
- Ring us on +61 3 9919 6100
- Find answers and ask questions at GOTOVU
Please fill out the form below, and we'll get back to you shortly.
Please note that if changes to this course occur, VU will notify students as soon as possible.
At Victoria University, we make every reasonable effort to make sure the information displayed online about our courses is accurate and complete. We continually look to provide innovative courses. Those courses are shaped by a number of things including your feedback and changes in Government funding arrangements. As a result there may be changes to the courses we deliver and fees charged. We will update the website regularly to reflect any changes.
Information about course fees, articulation and credit transfer, recognition of prior learning, admission and enrolment procedures, examinations, and services available to students can be accessed on the University’s website or by contacting the University directly on +61 3 9919 6100.