Housing & accommodation
Our Student Housing Service provides students with:
- free advice and assistance when looking for housing
- access to the student housing database
- a housing guide
- advice on tenancy issues
- free advertising in the Student Housing Database (for landlords and students - please read our frequently asked questions for landlords first).
If you have any questions, you can make an online housing enquiry.
Our Housing advice video might help you decide what kind of housing option is right for you. Accommodation options include:
- Victoria University halls and residences
- shared housing
- private rental
- rooming houses (hostels).
In 'Housing & accommodation':
Housing optionsChoosing the right type of housing can present a challenging task. Each option is worth investigating fully before signing a lease agreement or paying any money.
University residencesWe operate two student residences to accommodate students, staff and guests of the University.
Housing support programsPrograms in place to help you find suitable accommodation including house-hunting friends, housing mentoring.
Rental adviceUnderstand your rights and responsibilities before you rent a house or apartment, or board in a rooming house or shared accommodation.
On this page
Housing advice workshops
Throughout the year we run a series of workshops to help you understand your rights and responsibilities as a tenant.
The Tenancy advice workshops will :
- provide an opportunity to meet with a Housing Officer and discuss your rights and responsibilities as a tenant
- be on 24 March (City Flinders)
- be on 26 March (Footscray Park).
The Moving out & moving on workshops will:
- cover giving notice to vacate, assigning your tenancy, cleaning, bond returns and cancelling utilities
- be on 13 May (City Flinders)
- be on 14 May (City Flinders).
The Cost of living workshops will:
- provide information and advice on the cost of living in Melbourne. Includes information on living and rental costs and tips for budgeting
- be held on 27 February (City Flinders)
- be held on 5 March (City Flinders).
International Student Accommodation & Living Fair
Hosted by the Australian Federation of International Students, the International Student Accommodation and Living Fair will be held on Thursday 12 March at 5pm – 8pm, 69 Bourke St Melbourne.
- VU Student Housing Service
- student accommodation providers
- real estate agencies
- Melbourne Fire Brigade and
- Victoria Police.
Great opportunity to find out how to get the most suitable accommodation and stay safe in Melbourne. Register on Facebook to win fantastic prizes.