Housing & accommodation
Our Student Housing Service provides students with:
- free advice and assistance when looking for housing
- access to the student housing database
- a housing guide
- advice on tenancy issues
- free advertising in the Student Housing Database (for landlords and students - please read our frequently asked questions for landlords first).
If you have any questions, you can make an online housing enquiry.
Our Housing advice video might help you decide what kind of housing option is right for you. Accommodation options include:
- Victoria University halls and residences
- shared housing
- private rental
- rooming houses (hostels).
In 'Housing & accommodation':
Housing optionsChoosing the right type of housing can present a challenging task. Each option is worth investigating fully before signing a lease agreement or paying any money.
University residencesWe operate two student residences to accommodate students, staff and guests of the University.
Housing support programsPrograms in place to help you find suitable accommodation including house-hunting friends, housing mentoring.
Rental adviceUnderstand your rights and responsibilities before you rent a house or apartment, or board in a rooming house or shared accommodation.
Housing advice workshops
Throughout the year we run a series of workshops to help you understand your rights and responsibilities as a tenant.
The Tenancy advice workshops will :
- provide an opportunity to meet with a Housing Officer and discuss your rights and responsibilities as a tenant
- be on 4 August, 10 August or 2 September (City Flinders campus)
- be on 19 August (St Albans campus).
The Moving out & moving on workshops will:
- cover giving notice to vacate, assigning your tenancy, cleaning, bond returns and cancelling utilities
- be on 7 October (City Flinders campus)
- be on 8 October (Footscray Park campus).
The Cost of living workshops will:
- provide information and advice on the cost of living in Melbourne. Includes information on living and rental costs and tips for budgeting
- be held on 22 July (City Flinders campus)
- be held on 23 July (Footscray Park campus).