You could pursue a diverse career including strength and conditioning coaching, health, psychology, fitness and personal training, performance, management, integrity, policy, community sport and health promotion.
Spark your passion at TAFE, degree or postgraduate level – or course pathways in between.
Bachelor degrees (undergraduate)
Join Australia's leading sport university and gain the very best knowledge for a professional career in the sport and exercise industry.
This double degree provides you with the capabilities and understandings of human movement, and the structure, practices and participant needs of the Australian sport, exercise and active recreation sector.
Can't find your course?
Studying sport science at VU
At Victoria University (VU), we want you to follow your passion and excel in the industry you've always dreamed of.
We're one of Australia's most industry-connected institutions, and are one of the top 3% of universities in the world.
You'll learn from leading industry professionals who combine theory with practice to prepare you for your career from day one.
Leading industry partnerships
Practical placements with our sport partners mean you’ll graduate with the skills, networks and confidence to succeed in the workforce.
Our partners include:
- Australian Institute of Sport and Sport Australia
- International Federation of Association Football (FIFA)
- Melbourne Victory Football Club
- Outdoor Education Group
- Real Madrid Graduate School Universidad Europea in Spain
- Western Bulldogs Football Club
- Western United FC.
With studies in sport science, your job titles may include:
- personal fitness trainer
- sports data analyst
- athlete talent scout or developer
- performance coach
- special populations training – elderly, people with a disability, youth
- community fitness and health services.