The overall aims of the Sport Business, Policy and Integrity research group are to achieve the following:
- enhance sports capability in terms of the performance and integrity of individuals, practices and systems in sport organisations
- facilitate multi‐disciplinary, cross‐college collaborations to address global or big‐picture, real‐world problems facing sport business
- strengthen existing partnerships, and develop new partnerships, with government, community and industry to advance sport-business intelligence.
When we refer to 'sports capability', we are interested in addressing that capability in a range of sport-business–related areas:
- achieving competitive advantage in local and global markets
- effective and ethical management of resources and functions
- ethical leadership and social responsibility
- meeting or surpassing legal, professional and industry standards regarding competition fairness and participant safety
- meeting community expectations around social inclusion and development.