TERM-China is a multiregional economic model of China. You can purchase customised versions focussing on regions, sectors and occupations that meet your requirements.
- a computable general equilibrium (CGE) framework capturing the behaviour of economic agents (producers, households, investors, importers/exporters and government) in Chinese regions linked by interregional trade and economy-wide constraints (see documentation & literature)
- 145 sectors and 31 regions the purchaser can choose from
- easy-to-use software with a user-friendly interface (request a demonstration model)
- extensive model documentation.
TERM-China is an update and adaptation of the original TERM model of the Australian economy. It is now used in many countries. TERM’s theoretical structure incorporates standard modelling of resource constraints and price-responsive behaviour. The model’s theory and database construction method are extensively documented in refereed journals and book chapters. Model purchasers are provided with clear operating manuals.
Uses of a TERM-China model
TERM-China is a powerful tool for short-run and long-run analysis of economic shocks affecting China and its regions. The TERM-China database is developed using detailed official national and regional statistics. Users of TERM-China can assess the economic impacts on their own regions, other regions and the nation of new economic policies and events, such as:
- major infrastructure/industrial projects
- major events (e.g. hosting a championship event, or Olympics)
- changes in state/national tax rates
- changes in wages policy.
For more examples of policy applications, see Model applications.
In 'TERM-China model':
Product choices & pricing
TERM-China product choices and pricing options.
Training & contract research services
The Centre of Policy Studies also delivers TERM-China training courses and CGE contract research servi...
Contact us about TERM-China
Fill in this enquiry form if you'd like to contact us about our CGE model TERM-China.