TERM-Australia is a multiregional economic model of Australia. You can purchase customised versions focussing on regions, sectors and occupations that meet your requirements.
- a computable general equilibrium (CGE) framework capturing the behaviour of economic agents (producers, households, investors, importers/exporters and government) in Australian regions linked by interregional trade and economy-wide constraints (see documentation & literature)
- an extensive list of regions, sectors and occupations allowing the purchaser to choose:
- from 190 sectors, 205 regions and 97 minor occupational groups
- top-down detail for relevant statistical local areas (1300+).
- easy-to-use software with a user-friendly interface (request a demonstration model)
- extensive model documentation.
TERM-Australia is an update and adaptation of the original TERM model of the Australian economy. It is now used in many countries. TERM’s theoretical structure incorporates standard modelling of resource constraints and price-responsive behaviour. The model’s theory and database construction method are extensively documented in refereed journals and book chapters. Model purchasers are provided with clear operating manuals.
Uses of a TERM-Australia model
TERM-Australia is a powerful tool for short-run and long-run analysis of economic shocks affecting Australia and its regions. The TERM-Australia database is developed using detailed official national and regional statistics. Users of TERM-Australia can assess the economic impacts on their own regions, other regions and the nation of new economic policies and events, such as:
- major infrastructure/industrial projects
- major events (e.g. hosting a championship event, or Olympics)
- changes in state/national tax rates
- changes in wages policy.
For more examples of policy applications, see Model applications.
In 'TERM-Australia model':
Product choices & pricing
TERM-Australia product choices and pricing options.
Training & contract research services
The Centre of Policy Studies (CoPS) also delivers TERM-Australia training courses and CGE contract res...
Contact us about TERM-Australia
Fill in this enquiry form if you'd like to contact us about our CGE model TERM-Australia.