TERM is the latest in CoPS’ regional CGE modelling development efforts. The group has a 40-year history of achievement in regional CGE modelling.
Other references useful to understanding the structure, applications and interpretation of regional CGE models are:
- Adams, P. D., Parmenter, B. R. & Verikios, G., 2014, ‘‘An Emissions Trading Scheme for Australia: National and Regional Impacts’‘, Economic Record, Vol. 90 (290), pp. 316-44.
- Giesecke, J. A. and Madden, J.R. (2013), “Regional computable general equilibrium modeling”,in P.B. Dixon and D. Jorgenson (Eds) Handbook of Computable General Equilibrium Modeling, North Holland.
- Giesecke, J.A. (2011), “Development of a large-scale single U.S. region CGE model using IMPLAN data: A Los Angeles County example with a productivity shock application”, Spatial Economic Analysis, Vol. 6(3), pp. 331-350.
- Dixon, P., John R. Madden and Maureen T. Rimmer, (2010), “Linking national and multi-regional CGE models: the effects of an increase in award wage rates in Australia”, Regional Studies, Vol. 44(10), December, pp. 1369-85.
- Giesecke, J.A., J.M. Horridge and J.A. Scaramucci (2009), “Brazilian Regional Structural Adjustment to Rapid Growth in Global Ethanol Demand”, Studies in Regional Science, Vol. 39(1), pp. 189-207.
- Giesecke, J.A., P.B. Dixon and M.T. Rimmer (2008), “Regional macroeconomic outcomes under alternative arrangements for the financing of public infrastructure”, Papers in Regional Science, Vol 87(1), March, pp. 3-31.
- Dixon, P. B., Rimmer, M. T. & Tsigas, M. E. (2007), ‘‘Regionalising Results from a Detailed CGE Model: Macro, Industry and State Effects in the U.S. of Removing Major Tariffs and Quotas’‘, Papers in Regional Science, vol. 86 (1), pp. 31-55.
- Madden, J.R. (1996), FEDERAL: A two-region multi-sectoral fiscal model of the Australian economy. In: Modelling and control of national and regional economies: proceedings. Edited by Vlacic, L. et al., 347-352. Permamon, Oxford.
- Dixon, P.B., Madden, J.R., and Peter, M.W. (1993) “The effects of reallocating general revenue assistance among the Australian states”, Economic Records, Vol. 69(207), pp. 367-381.
- Dixon, P. B., B. R. Parmenter, J. Sutton and D. P. Vincent (1982), ORANI: A Multisectoral Model of the Australian Economy, Contributions to Economic Analysis series no. 142, North-Holland Publishing Company, Amsterdam.
- Dixon, P.B, Parmenter, B.R., Sutton, J. (1978) “Spatial disaggregation of ORANI results: A preliminary analysis of the impacts of protection at the state level”, Economic Analysis and Policy, Vol. 8, pp. 35-86.