Develop the skills required to pass the Victorian Police Entrance Examination.
|3–19 September 2018||6–9pm||3-weeks: Monday - Wednesday evenings|
|15–31 October 2018||6–9pm||3-weeks: Monday - Wednesday evenings|
|12–28 November 2018||6–9pm||3-weeks: Monday - Wednesday evenings|
|3–19 December 2018||6–9pm||3-weeks: Monday - Wednesday evenings|
Designed as a study tool, this optional course will bring you one step closer to a career as a Police Officer, a Protective Services Officer or a Police Custody Officer.
Please note this course is optional - it is not compulsory to complete this course in order to take the exam.
- Preparation for the Police Entrance Examination: $450
- Preparation for the Police Entrance Examination (Police Custody Officer): $350
This optional course is designed as a 'study tool', providing students with a general grounding in the skills required to pass the examination. Victoria University is an approved testing centre for the Victoria Police Education Entrance Examination. This testing meets the first of the several phases of the Victoria Police recruiting process. A candidate must successfully complete all components of the examination prior to lodging an application with Victoria Police.
Meeting the minimum admission requirements does not guarantee you entry into this course.
Some courses receive more applications than the number of places available. In this situation we will also assess your education, work and other relevant experience.
To register for the Preparation for the Police Entrance Examination course, applicants should complete the Course Registration Form.
Applicants who wish to be appointed to Victoria Police must meet all of the following requirements:
- be of good character and reputation
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident of Australia or entitled to this status under Commonwealth law
- have the mental capacity and physical fitness to be able to perform the duties of a member of Victoria Police and have completed a medical examination in accordance with standards prescribed by the Chief Commissioner of Police
- have passed the Victoria Police Education Entrance Examination, agility/coordination test, selection panel interview, and completed psychological screening
- if under 21 years of age, must have successfully completed the Victorian Certificate of Education or an interstate equivalent.
Refer to www.police.vic.gov.au for further entrance requirements.
Candidates who have ever been charged with, convicted or interviewed or otherwise concerned in the commission of any offence (including traffic offences, juvenile cases where official caution was given by a police person, official warning, warning notice or penalty notice) or believe that they may not meet the strict medical requirements, should contact the Victoria Police Recruiting Services Branch on 132 001 or (03) 9247 5229 before making application to sit the education entrance examination.