Ross Coller leads the Engagement & Advancement directorate at VU.
He seeks to embed external partners in all stages of VU’s research, teaching and community-development work. His work involves building and maintaining deep relationships between the university and external communities. Through discussion and listening, Ross and his team identify opportunities that are relevant and build value for all parties. They help potential partners navigate the complexity of a large organisation like VU.
Engagement at VU is defined around core streams of external engagement. Although Engagement & Advancement can be the initial point of contact for any of these streams, different areas of VU are responsible for their delivery and coordination as follows.
- Alumni and donors – Advancement Office
- Community – Precincts, Communities and Government Relations, with VU in the Community
- Government – Precincts, Communities and Government Relations
- Industry – Engagement & Advancement
- VU Polytechnic – Industry and Growth, with Louise Robinson
- Major partnerships – Advancement Office
- Schools – Engagement & Advancement.
The Engagement & Advancement directorate is responsible for:
- strategy, planning and oversight
- cross-university operating model
- relationship management protocols, systems and training
- alumni relations and fundraising
- Cultural Diversity
- Event services
- Gift support and the VU Philanthropic Fund
- Major partnerships.
- Alumni Relations
- Major partnerships and sponsorships
- Event services
- Cultural Diversity, including Timor-Leste engagement
- Engagement operations including the VU Philanthropic Fund