Lecturer, College of Law & Justice
Nussen Ainsworth is a lecturer of law for the College of Law & Justice and is currently undertaking a PhD at Monash University.
He completed his LLB (First Class Honours) and graduated as Valedictorian at Victoria Law School, Victoria University. During his time at the law school he was a founder and Editor in Chief of DICTUM The Victoria Law School Journal and received the Dean's Merit Award for Contribution & Excellence.
Prior to joining VU as lecturer, Nussen practiced as a solicitor at a commercial law firm in Melbourne.
He is a member of the Law Institute of Victoria's Alternative Dispute Resolution and Practice Support Section Committees and is a Nationally accredited mediator and family mediator. He is a passionate and regular presenter on incorporating technology and social media into Legal and Professional Advice Industries.
Nussen is also a Visiting Researcher at Florida International University College of Law.
- Program Coordinator of the County Court Internship Program
- Advisory Committee Chair - DICTUM The Victoria Law School Journal
- LEADR – Association of Dispute Resolvers
- Law Institute of Victoria
- Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee of the Law Institute of Victoria
- Practice Support Committee of the Law Institute of Victoria
- Da'Minyan Community Synagogue Committee
Nussen is a regular presenter and expert panellist. He has recently presented on technology and social media to the Judicial College of Victoria, Law Institute of Victoria, Victorian Bar and Pitcher Partners.
Areas of expertise
- Alternative dispute resolution
- Clinical legal education
- Social media and technology