Our introductory workshops are designed for those who have no prior knowledge of Chinese language.
If you are planning to travel to China for business or a holiday, they are an easy and practical way to get started.
The introductory language programs are taught in a series of five 1.5-hour workshops.
We are offering workshops in two categories:
- Basic Chinese
- Business Chinese
- Learning outcomes
On successful completion of five Business Chinese or Basic Chinese workshops, you will:
- have a basic understanding of Chinese language and its structure
- be able to perform basic greetings and expressions for daily communication
- have a sense of China’s traditional and contemporary culture
- know the basic structure of Chinese characters and be able to recognise and write some simple Chinese characters.
VU staff and students are invited to attend free Mandarin classes in throughout the year.
Victoria Business Confucius Institute has Chinese culture and Mandarin classes for anyone who is interested.
Classes are offered one evening a week for 5 weeks at our Footscray Park and City Flinders campuses:
- Introductory level workshop for those who have no prior knowledge of Chinese language.
- Advanced level workshop for those who had finished the previous introductory Mandarin workshop or have basic Mandarin knowledge.
If registration is less than 6 people, we may merge one class with another; if more than 20, one extra class may be arranged.
- Dates: 20 April to 21 May (one class a week)
- Time: 5.30 to 7pm
Long Wang has a masters degree in Teaching Chinese as a Second Language. He has more than three years overseas teaching experience. Long is passionate about offering a high-quality, challenging and supportive learning experiences to students.
Yingying Bai is a volunteer Chinese teacher of the Victoria Business Confucius Institute (VBCI). She is a masters graduate of teaching Chinese as a second language from UIBE, and was an external teacher of Chinese culture in UIBE.
Register your interest
To find out more about the introductory workshops, use our registration form or contact [email protected].