Our introductory workshops are designed for those who have no prior knowledge of Chinese language.
If you are planning to travel to China for business or a holiday, they are an easy and practical way to get started.
The introductory language programs are taught in a series of five 45min workshops.
We are offering workshops in two categories:
- Basic Chinese
- Business Chinese
On successful completion of five Business Chinese or Basic Chinese workshops, you will:
- have a basic understanding of Chinese language and its structure
- be able to perform basic greetings and expressions for daily communication
- have a sense of China’s traditional and contemporary culture
- know the basic structure of Chinese characters and be able to recognise and write some simple Chinese characters.
VU staff and students are invited to attend free Mandarin classes in throughout the year.
Victoria Business Confucius Institute has Chinese culture and Mandarin classes for anyone who is interested.
The current courses will take place between 3 and 31 August 2020, via Zoom.
Classes are offered once a week for five weeks:
- Introductory level workshop for those who have no prior knowledge of Chinese language
– Mondays in August, 1–1.45pm
- Second level workshop for those who had finished the previous introductory Mandarin workshop or have basic Mandarin knowledge
– Mondays in August, 2.30–3.15pm.
Daily tutorials will also take place from August 4 to August 28, four times a week from Tuesdays to Fridays.
- Introductory level tutorial
– Tuesday–Thursday language practice, Friday cultural learning, 4–28 August, 10–10.20am
- Second level tutorial
– Tuesday–Thursday language practice, Friday cultural learning, 4–28 August, 10.30–10.50am
Time and date may be adjusted according to the number of students.
Registrations are now closed.
Our professional teachers have masters degrees or above. We are native speakers of Chinese, and are young, passionate and knowledgeable, with a variety of practical teaching methods.
Register your interest
To find out more about the introductory workshops, use our registration form or contact [email protected].