After developing a solid grounding in business in your first year, customise your degree with a major in Event Management.
This major provides a set of integrated units to develop a theoretical and practical understanding of the events sector. It builds on the minor in Events Management to equip students with the knowledge and skills to be successful in the planning, management, implementation and evaluation of event services and experiences. Graduates will be equipped with the skills and knowledge to enter the events sector after undertaking a range of studies that will allow then to apply both theoretical and operational knowledge whilst acting with integrity.
The major includes capstone units that provide students with the opportunity to draw on their prior learning in the course and further develop the capacity to apply this learning in new contexts. Strong connections exist to the events industry, offering volunteering, working and networking opportunities to assist students in getting a head start. The Bachelor of Business with a major in Events Management has for over 15 years produced industry leading graduates who have honed solid business and operational skills, and real-life working experience gained through a mandatory work-integrated learning unit.
Courses this unit belongs to
Find a different unit
- Major Studies
- Event Operations
- Sustainable Operations
- Event Creation and Design
- Introduction to Tourism Hospitality and Events
- Business Integrated Learning
- Business Events
- Capstone Units
- Live Performance Management
- Applied Business Challenge
- International Business Challenge
- Students undertaking this as a second major are required to complete BPD2100 International Business Challenge instead of BPD3100 Applied Business Challenge.
Where to next?
If you are interested in this unit as part of a course, refer to our how to apply page to find out more about our application process.
If you are a current VU student, you may be able to enrol in this unitset as an elective.
- Contact your course coordinator to see if you are able to take the elective unit set.
You can also contact us directly:
- Ring us on +61 3 9919 6100
- Find answers and ask questions at GOTOVU
VU takes care to ensure the accuracy of this unit information, but reserves the right to change or withdraw courses offered at any time. Please check that unit information is current with the Student Contact Centre.