During your time at VU you may be required to fill out a form related to your studies. We've put together a list of the most commonly used forms.
On this page
Applying for a course at VU
- Advice to applicants - A100
If you are applying for a course at VU, you must read this Advice to applicants before you complete your application. It includes details about how to apply for your course, extra requirements and other important information.
- Direct entry application form - A120
Use only if advised on the course page.
- Apply for Research Course - A125
You can use this form to apply for any Masters by Research, Doctor of Philosophy or Professional Doctorate (Research) course.
- Direct admission special consideration form - A126
If you're applying directly to VU and you want to apply for special consideration you can use this form. If you're applying under Category 6, you should also check the list of eligible postcodes - applicants from rural and isolated areas.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander profile information form - A124
If you're of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent you may complete this form to submit your information.
- TAFE pre-training review form
Complete this form as part of your TAFE course application. It will help determine your suitability for the course and whether you are entitled to recognition of prior learning.
As part of your application you may be required to complete extra requirements such as submitting supplementary forms.
Assignment cover sheets and extensions
- College of Arts assignment cover sheet
- College of Business assignment cover sheet
- College of Education assignment cover sheet
- College of Engineering & Science assignment cover sheet (individual)
- College of Engineering & Science assignment cover sheet (group)
- College of Health & Biomedicine assignment cover sheet
- College of Law & Justice assignment cover sheet (individual & group assignments)
- College of Sport & Exercise Science cover sheet
- TAFE assessment cover sheet
- Assignment extension application
- TAFE assessment extension application
Enrolling and making changes to your enrolment
- Application for advanced standing (higher education) - A04
Use this form to apply for exemptions or partial exemptions for prior studies or relevant work experience.
- Course discontinuation application (higher education) - A40
- If you're a higher education student, use this form to withdraw from or discontinue your higher education course.
- Cross institutional inbound application and authorisation - A41b
If you're not a VU student, use this form to apply to study a unit at VU that will be counted towards your course at another institution.
- Cross-institutional outbound application and authorisation - A41a
If you're a VU student, use this form to apply to undertake subjects at another institution that will contribute to the completion of your VU course.
- Deferment application - A83
Use this form to defer your studies at VU. Please note that deferment is not available to international students.
- Enrolment confirmation application - A90
Use this form to obtain a letter from VU containing your enrolment details. The letter can be used to provide enrolment confirmation to third parties (eg. Centrelink, banks, immigration, employers).
- Intermission: Application for intermission - A53 (Formerly referred to as Leave of absence)
Use this form to advise VU that you will take an intermission from your course of study.
- Non award Unit of Study application/enrolment (higher education) - A42
Use this form to apply to study a single higher education single subject that does not contribute to a course (non-award enrolment).
- Offshore replacement ID card request - A12
Use this form if you are an offshore student to request a replacement student identification card.
- Parent Guardian Agreement - A95
Use this form if you are a TAFE student enrolling in a VCE or VCAL course and are under 18 years of age at the time of enrolment.
- Personal details amendment - A11
Use this form to change your personal details.
- Residency: Change of citizenship or residency status - A16
Use this form if your citizenship or residency status has changed.
- TAFE Application for credit transfer - P005-F01
TAFE students use this form to apply for credit when you have completed learning program/s that match the units within the course.
- TAFE Application for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) - P005-F02
TAFE students use this form to apply for exemptions or partial exemptions for prior studies or relevant work experience.
- Unit of study addition (VE/TAFE) - A09
If you're a TAFE student, use this form to make additions to the unit(s) of study in which you are enrolled.
- Unit of study amendment (higher education) - A13
Higher Education students should only use this form is your course is not available for online enrolment.
- Waiver of unit rules application form - A65
Use this form if you have an 'Invalid' status for a unit (meaning you cannot be enrolled in that unit due to not meeting prerequisite or corequisite requirements, or having already completed the unit) and believe you should be enrolled in the unit.
Exams and results
- Academic Transcript Request - A08
If you've conferred your course, you can use this form to purchase additional copies of your official Academic Transcript.
- Alternative examination time application - A50
Use this form to apply for an alternative examination time (exceptional circumstances only).
- Clash of examinations advice - A24
If you have two or more examinations appearing on the examination timetable for the same examination session, you need to complete this form.
- Extension of time for examination application - A45
If you're from a non-English speaking background and you're in your first two years of your enrolment at VU, use this form to apply for an extension of time for your examination.
You can apply for special consideration if you experience unexpected circumstances that have an adverse impact on:
- performance in the assessable tasks
- submission of assessment tasks
- attendance at examinations.
Special consideration applications can be used for any form of assessment such as:
- laboratory experiments
- literature reports
- presentations and tests.
Find out more about how to apply for special consideration.
Fees, charges and loans
- Remission of HECS-HELP, FEE-HELP and/or Re-credit of SLE application - A93
Use this form to apply for a re-credit of your Student Learning Entitlement (SLE) or to apply to have your HECS-HELP or FEE-HELP remitted.
- Fee extension application information if you're unable to pay your fees by the due date. You could also ask a question in ASKVU for your options.
- Fee extension application form (C) - A49C
If you need more assistance after having previously been granted an extension of time, use this form. You also need to read the Fee extension C information for students brochure.
- Sponsor agreement form - Internal - A89
If you're from a College or department at VU, use this form to sponsor (i.e. pay the fees of) a student at VU.
To obtain a copy of the Letter of Acknowledgement template, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sponsor agreement form - External - A91
If you're from an organisation other than VU, use this form to sponsor (i.e. pay the fees of) a student at VU.
- Staff status declaration for the purpose of enrolment as a student
If you're a VU staff member and you are also undertaking study at VU, you need to complete this form.
- Refund of VU course fees (onshore domestic students) – A57
Use this form to request a refund of your fees.
- Refund of examination charges application - A57b
Use this form to request a refund of examination charges due to exceptional circumstances.
- Waiver or extension of tuition fees on compassionate or humanitarian grounds - A58
This form can be used to apply for a waiver or extension of fees due to exceptional circumstances.
- Student loan application
Use this form to apply for a student loan. Includes student loan information.
Graduating from VU
- Application for an Award: Alternate Exit
If you are enrolled in a course and wish to exit this course with a lower (alternate) award please complete this form.
- Request for Additional Higher Education Graduation Statement (AHEGS) - A06
Use this form if you require an additional copy of your graduation statement (fees may apply).
- Testamur/Letter or completion (LOC) payment - A03b
Use this form if you have previously graduated and now wish to receive your Testamur (certificate) or have a Letter of Completion reissued.
Proxy Authorisation for Collection of Testamur- A140
Use this form to authorise another person to collect your testamur (certificate) from the University on your behalf.
- Request for replacement testamur/certificate - A05r
Use this form to: request a replacement testamur/certificate if the original has been destroyed, damaged stolen or lost; or if you have changed your name as the result of marriage, divorce or deed poll.
- Academic verification request form
Use this form to request verification of a Victoria University Graduate's qualification.
International student forms
- Defer your studies/change of course preference form
You must use this form if you wish to defer your studies or change your course preference.
- electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCOE) extension application for onshore international students.
Use this form to request for an electronic Confirmation of Enrolment variation.
- International student application form
If you want to apply for a course as an international student, complete this form or apply online.
- Background information checklist
You may be requested complete this form to provide additional background information as part of your application.
- Financial information declaration
You may be requested to complete this form to provide additional finance information as part of your application.
- Application form for ELICOS courses
Use this form if you want to apply to study English at VU.
- Payment options
A list of different ways to pay for your course.
- Reduce study load
Use this form if you want to request reduced study load for international students.
- Refund of international student fees
Use this form if you are entitled to receive a refund of your fees.
- Student exchange application form
If you're an incoming student exchange student from a VU partner institution, use this form to apply to study at VU.
- Study abroad application form
Use this form if you want to apply to study abroad.
- Student declaration (International Students)
Use this form if you have applied through an education agent which has submitted your application electronically to VU.
- Victoria abroad application form for outgoing VU students
If you're a currently enrolled VU student, use this form to apply to study overseas.
- Application for Overseas Short Programs and Study Tours
If you're a currently enrolled VU student, use this form to apply for an academic program overseas that runs for less than a semester.