In the May 2018 edition of Cowen Centre News:
- Chinese lawyers learn from leading Australian law firms
Our visiting delegation of 24 Chinese lawyers completed their six week program and commenced a two week placement period across 15 law firms.
- Community organisations benefit from ASPIRE training program
Sixteen young Muslim women are learning what it means to be a leader through a unique professional development and governance training program being delivered by the SZCC.
- Royal Commissions - raising the bar into public inquiry – listen now on RN Big Ideas
A capacity crowd turned out for the Sir Zelman Cowen Twilight Lecture series to discuss how Royal Commissions shape public policy – listen now on RN Big Ideas.
- Sisters in Crime reveal the impact of a career in crime
The mental health of professionals dealing with horrific crimes was the subject of a sold out Law Week event hosted by Sisters of Crime Australia and the Sir Zelman Cowen Centre in May.
2017 media coverage
- What Jewish law says about suicide and assisted dying (20 December 2017) The Conversation.
- Faith-Based Peak Bodies Signal Commitment to Social Justice (6 December 2017) Pro Bono Australia.
- Lawyers focus on best practice for ‘faith-based governance’ (8 December 2017) Lawyers Weekly.
- Sexual abuse of children alleged at 4000 institutions: Royal Commission (8 December 2017) Law Institute Journal.
- Melbourne conference heralds a new era in faith governance (6 December 2017) Melbourne Catholic.
- Citizen Centred Justice (29 November 2017) ABC Radio, Big Ideas.
- Shining a Light on Faith-Based Governance (20 October 2017) Pro Bono Australia.
- Taking care of court business (2 Oct 2017) Law Institute Journal.
- Muslim women unite to encourage daughters to have healthy relationships (26 April 2017) ABC News.
- Remembering Ronald Ryan (1 Feb 2017) Law Institute Journal.
- Budget constraints force justice systems to innovate (17 January 2017) Lawyers Weekly.
- The Illumination: Celebrating the 175th anniversary of the first sitting of the Victorian Supreme Court (2016) Victorian Bar News.
- Domestic violence: Understanding laws key to helping families in Melbourne's Muslim community (16 November 2016) ABC News.
- Legal help for Muslim leaders (1 November 2016) Law Institute Journal.
- Academy for court staff launched for smarter judicial administration (16 October 2015) The Mandarin.
- New academy to improve court management (14 October 2015) Lawyers Weekly.
- Improving courts not just about more judges (8 October 2015) Australian Financial Review.
- Grants awarded ahead of Community and Philanthropy Partnerships Week (28 September 2016) Media release by Senator the Hon. Scott Ryan.
- Doomsday prophet or optimist? Susskind predicts the end of the professions (September 2016) Bulletin.
- Compelling case for online dispute resolution (16 August 2016) Lawyers Weekly.
- Legal Futurist Shakes Up Profession (1 June 2016) Law Institute Journal.
- Technology and the law (10 May 2016) The Law Report.
- Supreme court: First among lawyers (April 2016) Law Institute Journal.
- Courts and Tribunals Academy launched (December 2015) Law Institute Journal.
- Here come the Judges (14 October 2015) The Conversation Hour: Jon Faine interviews Alan Goldberg AO QC, Howard Nathan QC and the Honourable Nicola Roxon.
- Be bold, be bold, be bold – Dame Quentin Bryce’s advice (16 September 2015) Women’s Agenda.
- Quentin Bryce says domestic violence is our number one Scourge (15 September 2015) The Herald Sun.
- Homicide detective Inspector Mick Hughes recalls his memorable cases for Law Week (6 May 2015) The Herald Sun.
- Portrait of a legal life (May 2015) Law Institute Journal.
- Making the most of your opportunities (25 March 2015) The Conversation Hour: Jon Faine interviews Lady Anna Cowen, Peter Singer, and the Honourable Nicola Roxon.