Follow the step-by-step instructions of the LapSafe Lockers video guide to borrow a laptop, without a charger, for up to 5 hours from laptop self-service lockers, located on level 1 of the Footscray Park Library.
Overdue laptops will incur a replacement fee and sanction on your library and student records.
How to borrow & return a laptop
Here are a few reminders:
- To borrow a laptop, you need to scan your student ID twice:
- After selecting ‘Borrow’ on the touch screen, scan your student ID on the scanner below the screen, and accept the Library terms and conditions. See .
- To open the allocated flashing locker, scan your student ID on the scanner on the locker column. Disconnect the cable from the laptop, take the laptop and ensure that the locker door is locked to complete the borrowing process.
- Remember to print your receipt and press the ‘finish’ button.
- Use eduroam to .
- Don’t save your files on the laptop. Save your files to either OneDrive or USB.
- To return a laptop, you need to scan your student ID twice:
- After selecting ‘Return’ on the touch screen, scan your student ID on the scanner below the screen. Plug in the laptop in the allocated locker and shut the locker door securely. Ensure that the locker light is red.
- After selecting ‘Print Return Receipt’ on the touch screen, scan your student ID to print the ‘return’ receipt. Keep the receipt as proof that laptop has been returned.
- Report technical issues with the laptop to:
VU Information Technology Services (ITS)
Phone: + 61 3 99192777
IT support kiosk: Building P, Level 1 (Opposite Reading Room Cafe)