Master of Accounting
The Master of Accounting offers a choice of three streams of study:
Professional Qualification: for those who do not hold an accounting degree. Qualifies you as an accountant and satisfies the educational requirements for Associate Membership of the professional accounting bodies.
Professional Accounting Education: for those with an undergraduate or postgraduate degree in accounting who want choice of subjects for their continuing professional education.
Certified Practicing Accountant (CPA): for those with a professionally recognised accounting qualification who wish to complete their educational requirement for CPA status in a Masters program. The Master of Accounting is professionally recognised with accreditation from CPA Australia and the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia.
On this page
This course equips graduates for a career in accounting and/or finance.
|Course location||Duration||Course code|
|Sydney||3 semesters of study||BMAC|
|CRICOS code||Intakes||Course fee|
|068698K||March, July and November||A$8400 per semester|
Units of study
- Managerial Accounting
- Professional Auditing
- Financial and Corporate Accounting
- Business Finance
- Issues in Contemporary Accounting
- Accounting Systems and Processes
- Business Economics
- Business and Company Law
- Financial Analysis
- Business Research Methods
- Customer Relationship Management
- Human Resource Information Systems
English language requirements
You must provide evidence that you have completed an approved English language test, and achieved the result as described below:
- IELTS academic module: an overall score of 6.5 (no band below 6.0)
- TOEFL paper based test: 580 (minimum TWE4.5)
- TOEFL internet based test: 92 (with no band less than 22)
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) academic: overall score 58-64 (no score less than 50)
- Cambridge English Advanced (CAE): score of 58
- VU English: Completion of Direct Entry University Preparation Postgraduate (UPP)
- The English Language School in Sydney (ELSIS): Completion of English for Academic Purposes 2 (EAP) with an A grade.
Recognition of prior English language studies
If you have completed a qualification where English was the primary language of instruction, you may be eligible for an English language exemption. Check our Guide to English Language Requirements to find out if you qualify.
Students who do not meet the English language requirements may choose to undertake an intensive English course at the English Language School in Sydney (ELSIS).
Entry into a masters degree requires you to have completed:
- an undergraduate qualification that is comparable to an Australian bachelor degree or graduate diploma.
Your eligibility will be assessed when we receive your complete application.
Admission requirements in your country
Find out if you meet the minimum academic (international qualification) requirements to be eligible to apply for this course by reviewing the academic entry requirements listed by country.
Applicants must be aged 18 or over to be eligible to apply for this course.
Apply for this course
Submit an application to study this course at VU Sydney.