Graduate Diploma in Professional Accounting
Accredited by CPA Australia, this course will provide you with the technical, analytical, appreciative, personal and interpersonal skills essential in today’s global environment.
On this page
Delivered by the Victoria Graduate School of Business (VGSB), this eight-unit course provides entry to the accounting profession for non-accounting graduates, and offers a further accounting specialisation to business graduates.
This course equips graduates for a career in accounting and/or finance.
|Course location||Duration||Course code|
|Sydney||2 semesters of study||BGAP|
|CRICOS code||Intakes||Course fee|
|068697M||March, July and November||A$8400 per semester|
Units of study
- Managerial Accounting
- Professional Auditing
- Financial and Corporate Accounting
- Business Finance
- Issues in Contemporary Accounting
- Accounting Systems and Processes
- Business Economics
- Business and Company Law
English language requirements
You must provide evidence that you have completed an approved English language test, and achieved the result as described below:
- IELTS academic module: an overall score of 6.5 (no band below 6.0)
- TOEFL paper based test: 580 (minimum TWE4.5)
- TOEFL internet based test: 92 (with no band less than 22)
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) academic: overall score 58-64Â (no score less than 50)
- Cambridge English Advanced (CAE): score of 58
- VU English: Completion of Direct Entry University Preparation Postgraduate (UPP)
- The English Language School in Sydney (ELSIS): Completion of English for Academic Purposes 2 (EAP) with an A grade.
Recognition of prior English language studies
If you have completed a qualification where English was the primary language of instruction, you may be eligible for an English language exemption. Check our Guide to English Language Requirements to find out if you qualify.
Students who do not meet the English language requirements may choose to undertake an intensive English course at the English Language School in Sydney (ELSIS).
Entry into a graduate diploma requires you to have completed:
- a relevant bachelor degree, or
- a graduate certificate.
Your eligibility will be assessed when we receive your complete application.
Admission requirements in your country
Find out if you meet the minimum academic (international qualification) requirements to be eligible to apply for this course by reviewing the academic entry requirements listed by country.
Applicants must be aged 18 or over to be eligible to apply for this course.
Apply for this course
Submit an application to study this course at VU Sydney.