Graduate Diploma of Computer Science
The Graduate Diploma course is designed for graduates who want to acquire professional competence in Computer Science.
On this page
This course develops graduates who have a sound conceptual foundation, including practical understanding of recent developments in computer technology and how these may be applied to solve a wide range of problems in business and industry.
- software development
- software engineering
- web-based programming
- networking administration
|Course location||Duration||Course code|
|Sydney||2 semesters of study||SGCS|
|CRICOS code||Intakes||Course fee|
|061902A||March, July and November||A$8500 per semester|
Units of study
- Object Oriented Programming Gd1
- Information Systems
- Software Development
- Operating Systems
- Network Operating Systems Administration
- Object Oriented Programming Gd2
- Internet Programming
- Software Engineering 1
English language requirements
You must provide evidence that you have completed an approved English language test, and achieved the result as described below:
- IELTS academic module: an overall score of 6.5 (no band below 6.0)
- TOEFL paper based test: 580 (minimum TWE4.5)
- TOEFL internet based test: 92 (with no band less than 22)
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) academic: overall score 58-64 (no score less than 50)
- Cambridge English Advanced (CAE): score of 58
- VU English: Completion of Direct Entry University Preparation Postgraduate (UPP)
- The English Language School in Sydney (ELSIS): Completion of English for Academic Purposes 2 (EAP) with an A grade.
Recognition of prior English language studies
If you have completed a qualification where English was the primary language of instruction, you may be eligible for an English language exemption. Check our Guide to English Language Requirements to find out if you qualify.
Students who do not meet the English language requirements may choose to undertake an intensive English course at the English Language School in Sydney (ELSIS).
Entry into a graduate diploma requires you to have completed:
- a relevant bachelor degree, or
- a diploma and significant work-experience in an appropriate field, or
- a graduate certificate.
Your eligibility will be assessed when we receive your complete application.
Admission requirements in your country
Find out if you meet the minimum academic (international qualification) requirements to be eligible to apply for this course by reviewing the academic entry requirements listed by country.
Applicants must be aged 18 or over to be eligible to apply for this course.
Apply for this course
Submit an application to study this course at VU Sydney.