The Master of Applied Information Technology (NMIT) is a flexible, accredited course, providing advanced training for students with an IT degree.
Areas of focus include cyber security, machine learning and data science. You’ll build on your computing skills, preparing for senior IT roles. Hands-on, practical classes let you develop and enhance the skills shaped out of theory. This course provides flexibility through face-to-face and online learning.
We focus on solving real-world problems in:
- cloud computing (with practicals using Amazon Web Services)
- cyber security
- data warehousing
- machine learning
- data science through advanced project and thesis
- advanced programming
- software engineering
- wireless and mobile networking
- mobile applications
- data analytics
- project management.
You’ll develop new ideas for the IT field, either through an industry project or research activities designed to lead into a PhD. Our experienced lecturers, excellent research facilities and connections to industry give you the opportunity and support to contribute original and important ideas.
You'll also be able to take part in an industry placement program, helping you kick-start your career.
This course and its research programs are regularly reviewed to ensure current practice and IT industry developments are included.
This degree requires a student to complete 192 credit points (16 units) and is a two-year full-time award.
- Networking Systems
- Database Analysis and Design
- Principles of Project Management
- Software Engineering
- Cloud Computing
- Advanced Object Oriented Programming
- Project Management and Information Technology
- Information Security
- Introduction to Research
- Advanced Project.
Make your next move into a career which could include cutting edge IT roles in cloud computing, data mining and sensor networks.
This course will prepare you for a career in:
- ICT training
- project management
- data warehousing
- IT consultancy
- networking administration
- software development/engineering.
HOW TO APPLY
2. Prepare your documents
To complete your application, you will need to submit:
- certified copies of your academic transcript/s or certificate/s of completion
- a copy of your current CV that includes your current Position Description (PD)
- supporting letter from your employer outlining your duties, responsibilities and duration of your employment/volunteer work.