The Public Health Major provides students with knowledge and skills in Public Health and Health Promotion.
The major develops the student's knowledge base in Public Health and Health Promotion and focuses on the application of knowledge, policy, and research in improving the health of populations. Students completing this major will have an understanding and perspective on how to address contemporary health problems related to critical social and behavioural factors that influence health outcomes.
Courses this unit belongs to
Find a different unit
- Human Development in Social Context
- Introduction to Research Methods
- Career and Professional Development
- Pinnacle Venture
- Social Epidemiology
- Health Promotion
- Health Program Planning and Evaluation
- Social Bases of Health: Global Perspectives
- Or alternative unit for students undertaking SMIHEA Health (Sport Science Minor):
- Growth Development and Ageing
Where to next?
If you are interested in this unit as part of a course, refer to our how to apply page to find out more about our application process.
If you are a current VU student, you may be able to enrol in this unitset as an elective.
- Contact your course coordinator to see if you are able to take the elective unit set.
You can also contact us directly:
- Ring us on +61 3 9919 6100
- Find answers and ask questions at GOTOVU
VU takes care to ensure the accuracy of this unit information, but reserves the right to change or withdraw courses offered at any time. Please check that unit information is current with the Student Contact Centre.