Mathematics is also an intellectual journey that is second to none. Mathematics can provide you with many wonderful “aha!” moments when you see the truth of something, or the connections between two seemingly different topics. It also provides superb “brain-training”, with its logical rigour, and its emphasis on problem solving.
Mathematics is also supremely satisfying to teach, as you introduce your students to its riches, its applications, and its beauty. Now is a good time to study mathematics, as there is a huge shortage of well-trained teachers. With a mathematics method you will be welcome at any school!
Courses this unit belongs to
Find a different unit
- Level 1 Units
- Algebra and Calculus
- Statistics for Decision Making
- Level 2 Units
- Modelling for Decision Making
- Linear Optimisation Modelling
- Level 3 Units
- Linear Statistical Models
- Computational Methods
- Curriculum and Pedagogy Units
- Junior Secondary Curriculum and Pedagogy
- Senior Secondary Curriculum and Pedagogy
Where to next?
If you are interested in this unit as part of a course, refer to our how to apply page to find out more about our application process.
If you are a current VU student, you may be able to enrol in this unitset as an elective.
- Contact your course coordinator to see if you are able to take the elective unit set.
You can also contact us directly:
- Ring us on +61 3 9919 6100
- Find answers and ask questions at GOTOVU
VU takes care to ensure the accuracy of this unit information, but reserves the right to change or withdraw courses offered at any time. Please check that unit information is current with the Student Contact Centre.