Get your career in Information Systems off to a flying start with a major in Information Systems Management. This major provides the fundamental concepts, knowledge and skills required to facilitate a career in business analysis, project management or data management in a global economy. It prepares you to support the strategic use of information systems to facilitate decision making within an organisation. You will examine information systems analysis, modelling, development, management techniques and approaches and apply your learning to develop and deliver an information systems project.
- Major Studies
- Business Process Modelling
- Systems Analysis and Design
- Introduction to Database Systems
- Cloud Application Development
- Introduction to ICT Management
- IT Profession and Ethics
- Capstone Units
- Information Systems Project
- Applied Business Challenge
- International Business Challenge
- Students undertaking this as a second major are required to complete BPD2100 International Business Challenge instead of BPD3100 Applied Business Challenge.
Where to next?
If you are interested in this unit as part of a course, refer to our how to apply page to find out more about our application process.
If you are a current VU student, you may be able to enrol in this unitset as an elective.
- Contact your course coordinator to see if you are able to take the elective unit set.
You can also contact us directly:
- Ring us on +61 3 9919 6100
- Find answers and ask questions at GOTOVU
VU takes care to ensure the accuracy of this unit information, but reserves the right to change or withdraw courses offered at any time. Please check that unit information is current with the Student Contact Centre.