After developing a solid grounding in business in your first year, customise your degree with a major in Banking and Finance.
Launch your career in banking and financial services, funds management, treasury and financial markets, and wealth management. The Bachelor of Business with a major in Banking and Finance will develop your understanding of the financial institutions, financial instruments and markets of the financial services sector. In this course you will also be able to undertake units of study that will provide you with knowledge in areas of financial markets, management of financial institutions, and investment management.
- Major Studies
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Institutions and Monetary Theory
- Commercial Banking and Finance
- International Banking and Finance
- Credit and Lending Decisions
- Law of Financial Institutions and Securities
- Capstone Units
- Investment and Portfolio Management
- Applied Business Challenge
- International Business Challenge
- Students undertaking this as a second major are required to complete BPD2100 International Business Challenge instead of BPD3100 Applied Business Challenge.
Where to next?
If you are interested in this unit as part of a course, refer to our how to apply page to find out more about our application process.
If you are a current VU student, you may be able to enrol in this unitset as an elective.
- Contact your course coordinator to see if you are able to take the elective unit set.
You can also contact us directly:
- Ring us on +61 3 9919 6100
- Find answers and ask questions at GOTOVU
VU takes care to ensure the accuracy of this unit information, but reserves the right to change or withdraw courses offered at any time. Please check that unit information is current with the Student Contact Centre.