This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to use electric file equipment in conjunction with artificial nail applications.
It requires the ability to consult with clients, select from a range of bits and use electric file equipment to prepare for or modify an artificial nail application. The electric file nail service can be an individual service or form part of a series of services.
This unit applies to nail technicians, beauticians and beauty therapist in beauty and nail salons. In this environment they interpret observations and information following known routines in order to safely use electric nail files.
Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce & extend knowledge and skill competence within set & controlled parameters in accordance with each unit’s learning outcomes & performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
• provide a total of six nail services using an electric nail file for clients requiring one or more of the following services:
• preparation for French backfills
• preparation for infill or refills
• shortening and reshaping nails
• refining enhancement surface
• design and record treatment plan for each client specifying details of:
• adverse reactions
• after-care advice
• areas requiring special treatment
• client feedback
• nails analysis
• tools and equipment
• adjust electric file equipment operating range:
• hand piece:
• range of bits and burs
• demonstrate safe use of electricity when operating electric file.
The qualified trainer and assessor will provide teaching and learning materials as required in the form of workbooks produced by VU Polytechnic and/or via the VU Polytechnic e-learning system.
This unit is studied as part of the following course(s):