Learn to communicate more effectively to encourage positive outcomes in your workplace or organisation, with the Communicate with Influence short course at Victoria University Polytechnic.
Due to current COVID-19 restrictions, the workshop will be delivered via Zoom. Participants will receive the Zoom link 2 days prior to the workshop commencing.
|15 September 2020||9am–1pm||Tuesday in September|
|12 November 2020||9am–1pm||Thursday in November|
This four-hour professional-development workshop is suitable for anyone seeking to clearly articulate their message, communicate with influence, build trust, and effectively connect with a range of audiences. We encourage individuals from any industry or job role, community or sporting organisation to apply.
This workshop will provide you with an entry-level understanding of communicating with influence.
At the completion of the workshop, you will be able to:
- describe the different types of power and influence
- begin to articulate goals and objectives
- identify and use the most suitable strategies to communicate with influence according to the circumstances
- identify and use strategies to build trust.
Leaders rely heavily on the commitment of team members to contribute to the achievement of organisational objectives. This commitment will result from the ability of the leader to provide direction, articulate the goals and vision and inspire team members to contribute to success. In this course, participants will learn how to communicate with influence and take their team members on a shared journey to success.
Participants will gain skills and knowledge in:
- Different types of power and influence;
- Articulating goals and objectives;
- Describe and utilise a range of motivational strategies;
- Identifying and utilising strategies to build trust, and;
- Describe the causes of resistance to change and utilise techniques to overcome resistance.
Meeting the minimum admission requirements does not guarantee you entry into this course. Some courses receive more applications than the number of places available. In this situation we will also assess your education, work and other relevant experience.
This course has no specific admission requirements.
How to register
Due to current COVID-19 restrictions, this workshop will be delivered via Zoom. Participants will receive the Zoom link 2 days prior to the workshop commencing.
Participants will require a basic level of computer skills and access to a computer with audio capability, including microphone and speaker.