The VU Research Festival, 17–28 October, will celebrate the real-world research achievements of Victoria University and foster a communal spirit of research culture during a fortnight of events for staff, students, industry and the community.
The festival will include:
- public lectures by leading researchers
- practical workshops on women in research, stopping family violence, and forging strong partnerships with industry
- career development day for graduate researchers
- 5 Minute Research Pitch competition heats
- Biosafety Week events.
Research Festival events are aimed mainly at VU research staff and students, while some events are open to the wider community.
They will include:
- Monday 17 October 5 Minute Research Pitch (5RP) competition heats
Researchers deliver a short, five minute presentation of a current research project.
- Wednesday 19 October Inclusive knowledges: bridging the university community divide
Celebrating the relationship between the Colleges of Arts and Education, and the broader community.
- Thursday 20 October Reducing family violence: a whole of community research approach
VU researchers showcase their research, whilst community representatives discuss how they are approaching the problem of family violence.
Most events are free and don’t require registration.