Student exchange in Melbourne
Broaden your education by studying overseas for one or more semesters at VU. If your university is one of our international exchange partners and your home university nominates you, you can study with us on Student Exchange.
Alternatively, if you cannot secure an exchange place or if your university does not have an exchange agreement with us, come as a Study Abroad student.
In 'Student exchange in Melbourne':
Apply to study abroad or exchangeApply to study for one or two semesters at Victoria University in Melbourne, Australia.
Aussie Mates at VUOur settling in program matches incoming exchange students with a local student to help transition to studying & living in Melbourne.
International exchange partnersStudy on a short-term exchange at Victoria University, Melbourne, Australia. Find out if your university has an exchange agreement with us.
Study abroad & exchange enquiryPlease complete and submit your enquiry to study abroad.
On this page
Study at Victoria University
You can transfer credits for units you study at Victoria University to your home institution.
- a huge range of units
- the latest facilities, technology and practices
- a diverse student population and 8 campuses in the city centre and Melbourne's west
Choose a study area
Search for a unit of study from any college.
Study for one semester and receive a Study Abroad Certificate. Choose from exciting options below. They could count as a minor study or provide a specialisation.
- Banking and Finance
- Creative Arts
- Digital Media
- Event Management
- International Business
- International Hospitality Management
- International Trade
- International Tourism Management
- Music Industry
- Politics and Internaitonal Studies
- Public Relations and Communication
- Sport and Recreation Management
- Supply Chain and Logistics Management
To get into Study Abroad or Student Exchange, you must provide:
- proof of enrolment in a university degree or post-secondary program; or evidence that you have successfully completed your secondary school studies (if you are not enrolled in a post-secondary program)
- evidence of a 65% average in studies or a 2.5 grade point average on a scale of 4 or equivalent
English language requirements
You will also need to provide evidence that you meet the University's English language requirements equivalent for entry into a Bachelor degree.
|English language examination method||Result|
|IELTS (Academic Module): Overall score (no band less than)||6.0 (6.0)|
|TOEFL Internet (no section score less than)||80 (20)|
|University of Cambridge - Advanced (CAE): Total score of||52|
|Daad English proficiency test||etwa C1 / UNIcert-Strufe III|
We also accept Pearson (PTE), HKCEE and HKALE, and in some cases a recommendation letter from your home institution.
The 2014 study abroad fee is A$8400 per semester, which needs to be paid in advance. This fee is the same, irrespective of whether a Study Abroad student undertakes 3, 4, or 5 units. There are no tuition fees for exchange students.
You will have additional fees for compulsory health insurance, visas, travel and living costs.
To apply for a student visa, to understand your work rights and to learn about your English language requirements, go to our Student Visas page.
To find out more about application deadlines, contact the international office at your home university.
- For Semester 1 in 2014, the application closing date is 14 December 2013
- For Semester 2 in 2014, the application closing date is 31 May 2014
- For Semester 1 in 2015, the application closing date is 14 December 2014
Find out more
Our Study Abroad Guide has everything you need to know about our study abroad and exchange programs.
During international orientation week, we hold a special session to give you information on your program to maximise your enjoyment at Victoria University. For any questions make a study abroad and exchange enquiry.
Going abroad on exchange
If you are interested in studying overseas as part of your qualification, and you are already studying a degree at Victoria University, see our range or opportunities to study overseas.