Choose Victoria University (VU) and learn with students from over 90 countries. Study available for international students includes:
- English language programs
- courses at TAFE (certificate, diploma)
- undergraduate studies (associate or bachelor degree)
- postgraduate courses (graduate certificate, graduate diploma, masters or PhD) level.
In 'International students':
Cost of livingFind out about how much it will cost to live and study in Melbourne as an international student.
Life in MelbourneMelbourne is a vibrant, diverse city that hosts a variety of cultural events. There is always something to see and do when you need a break from studying.
Student exchange in MelbourneCome and study at VU and complete part of your course in Melbourne. You can study on an exchange placement or as a study abroad student.
English language studiesIf your spoken and written English needs improving before you start your course, or you wish to study English for another reason, we have a range of options for you.
VU in your countryVictoria University (VU) has a significant presence around the world. Find our more about our international partnerships with education agents, partner institutions,…
On this page
Choose from a wide range of courses available to non-residents. In addition to delivering courses to non-residents in Melbourne and Sydney, we also deliver our industry-leading courses to over 7,000 students in nine countries.
- We have been providing education, research and training for over 95 years.
- We have built a reputation within Australia for our expertise in hospitality; sports science; education; transport and logistics; information systems; engineering; nursing and beauty services.
- Our Victoria Graduate School of Business was ranked sixth in the Australian Financial Review BOSS top MBA list in 2011.
- Victoria University is a respected high-performing institution, delivering education in Australia and internationally through our transnational programs.
Gain practical experience
Our courses emphasise industry-based learning. That means as well as spending time in the classroom and lecture theatre, you will be getting out into the workplace.
Learning in the Workplace is an important part of our courses. Course content is practical and based in industry needs, so you will be job-ready from the day you graduate.
Our students are internationally connected. We have well over 100 partnerships with institutions worldwide, providing opportunities for international research collaborations, partnerships and short term study opportunities.
Many of our courses are accredited with global organisations giving you the opportunity to use your degree no matter where you are looking for employment.
Study in Melbourne
Melbourne is a great place to study and live. In Melbourne you will enjoy a range of culture, events, attractions, festivals and of course sporting events.
Melbourne is the world's most liveable city according to the Economist Intelligence Unit (2011 and 2012). Melbourne was also ranked number four in the QS Best Student Cities in the World 2012 rankings.
We understand the needs of international students and ensure that you get the support you need. In addition to our dedicated International Student Support team, the University offers a wide range of student support services including English language assistance and career development while you study.
In 2011, the Good Universities Guide awarded VU a five-star rating for cultural diversity and international enrolments.
Contact the international office
If you have further questions, you can make an enquiry online or in person with one of our international contacts.