Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- effectively communicate with team members and contribute to team outcomes while participating in at least three day-to-day sales and services activities, and;
- participate in one team meeting to discuss a sales and service problem and actively contribute towards a resolution.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- conventions and use of a range of communication methods;
- communication techniques and use in a team context;
- effective communication techniques with team members of diverse backgrounds;
- team work principles and the role of teamwork in the achievement of workplace goals;
- role of feedback in the achievement of team goals;
- problem-solving strategies for use in the achievement of team goals;
- techniques for supporting team members in the achievement of required workplace outcomes, and;
- standards expected of personal services industry employees in relation to team work.