Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- developed and presented 1 new communication strategy and associated protocols for a business unit or team, and;
- developed and implemented 1 strategy for using digital media to provide information and promote organisation to clients.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- political, economic, social and technological factors;
- organisational business and strategic plans;
- SWOT analysis (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats);
- legal and ethical considerations relating to communication;
- organisation communication channels;
- a range of different communication strategies and plans including crisis communication plans;
- financial implications including budgeting and return on investment;
- mentoring and coaching principles and practices;
- traditional media;
- digital media including types, etiquette and marketing;
- evaluation processes.