VU’s pairing of practical experience with a high-quality theoretical education is the winning combination says Emma Hendry, CEO of Hendry Group – one of Australia's leading, nationally based built-form advisory firms.
“Hendry is greatly focused on creating more engaging and productive pathways to employment. Naturally that starts with education. VU is certainly one of the highest regarded institutions for the quality of education its students receive.
Working closely with the University, we present informative talks on building surveying careers to students, advise teaching staff on course content and maintain a dialogue between course coordinators and our senior staff to ensure their knowledge of the industry is up-to-date. We’ve also hosted students at our offices for interactive seminars.
Pairing academic learning with practical exercises, as VU does, is the most effective way to develop and prepare students to work in the built-form. We’ve taken on many graduates who completed degrees in building surveying with VU, and several more as interns and junior surveyors. We find them to be highly skilled, with a strong working knowledge of the profession.
We encourage students to engage Hendry our connect with us through LinkedIn to develop their industry knowledge and connections through the course of their degree.”
Want a career in built environment?
Some of our popular courses are:
- Bachelor of Building Design
- Bachelor of Building Surveying
- Bachelor of Construction Management (Honours).
Hear from College of Engineering & Science graduates:
- Annelyse Carter found employment in construction management before she even completed her course.
- Architectural engineer Sian Willmott used her VU degree to become a leader in sustainable building design.
- Kav Dassanayake landed a project engineer position at one of Victoria’s most innovative Government departments.