The scholarships are valued at up to $2000 in cash support.
Sport-related services, grants & memberships
Benefits include sport-related grants, memberships and services:
- Victoria University Aquatic and Fitness Centre annual membership
- Australian University Games package cost waived (travel costs not included)
- elite athlete recognition: this enables you to be considered for academic flexibility where training and competition (especially due to international travel) impacts on course attendance, enrolment status and/or assessment tasks
- access to VU health services (osteopathy, massage and nutrition clinics)
- international travel grant to offset costs for recognised major international sporting events.
International travel grants
Eligible student athletes may apply for a grant to offset travel costs at major international events at any time throughout the year. Major international events are limited to:
- Olympic Games
- Commonwealth Games
- World Student Games
- World Championships.
Applications for these are open all year. However, grants are subject to the availability of funds.