The Elite High Performance scholarships are our peak sporting scholarships awarded to an outstanding male and female student athlete.
Our sport scholarships and elite athlete support program help outstanding VU athletes balance their studies with the demands of elite level sport. They help emerging student athletes in their aim to perform at the elite sporting level.
Applications are currently closed.
Values & benefits
The scholarships are valued at up to $2,000 in cash support.
To be eligible, students should be in one of these elite-sport categories:
- national aged squad member of equivalent
- consistent international representation in open teams and individual sports competition
- top 5 national open ranking for individual sports in year of application
Students should also be:
- involved in a non-professional sport as recognised by Victoria University Sport
- a currently enrolled student, or commenced and deferred, or taken intermission for the purposes of international representation.
In general, scholarship recipients are required to:
- maintain a successful academic record
- maintain their elite athlete status in terms of training, competition and recognition by sporting bodies
- represent VU at inter-university competitions (if applicable)
- participate and/or assist VU in their respective sport/discipline (if applicable)
- promote and support VU.