The First Year Booster scholarship is designed to give school leavers a boost in their first year of study at VU.
2022 graduate Year 12 students who are offered and enrol in an eligible course can apply.
Applications are currently closed.
Value & benefits
This scholarship is valued at $5,000 for a maximum of 12 months.
Scholarships will be paid in two instalments, subject to satisfactory academic progression:
- first instalment of $2,500 after Semester 1, Block 2 census
- second instalment of $2,500 after Semester 2, Block 2 census.
To be eligible, you must meet the following criteria:
- Australian citizens, Australian Permanent residents, NZ citizens or holders of a Permanent Humanitarian Visa
- current year school leavers (from 2022)
- eligible for and enrol full-time or part-time in one of the eligible courses commencing in first-year units
- complete all questions outlined in the application portal.
In your application, you must answer the following questions:
- Why do you want to study at VU?
- How do you contribute to your community?
- Who inspires you to succeed?
- How would studying at VU help you make a difference?
Assessment & selection
Applications will be shortlisted by a representative of the VU Scholarships Office.
Shortlisted applicants will be reviewed by a panel of representatives from the VU Scholarships Office.