Innocent: A learning journey to law
After fleeing political unrest and the murder of his parents, Burundi refugee Innocent Karabagega has followed a VU pathway to a Bachelor of Laws.
“I chose Victoria University because of the good facilities and services that it offers to many immigrants and students from low income families. All my achievements are because of VU – they listened to me and transformed me into a better person who can serve other people, especially those who seek refuge in other countries."
Innocent has recently travelled to Nairobi to undertake an internship with African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC), winner of the 2015 United Nations Population award, working with the Tegla Laroupe Foundation to empower talented refugees.
- Certificate I in Vocational Preparation (now 22302VIC - Certificate I in Work Education)
- 22255VIC - Certificate III in EAL (Further Study)
- 22238VIC - Certificate III in General Education for Adults
- 22251VIC - Certificate IV in EAL (Access)
- 22276VIC - Advanced Diploma of Legal Practice
- Bachelor of Laws