Victoria University staff and alumni are encouraged to enter the 2016/2017 Victorian Young Achiever Awards.
The awards, which began in 2012, promote, encourage and most importantly acknowledge the positive achievements made by people aged 29 and younger.
The Victorian Young Achiever Awards showcase innovation, community spirit and research that has the potential to impact positively on society.
“Most aspects of our lives are ultimately touched by the outcomes of research in some way or another. Research outcomes have a real impact at a personal, community and economic level. Researchers’ achievements have the power to change lives and our world and their many outstanding discoveries hold the very key to our future,” said a spokesperson for Victoria University.
Nominations are now open in the following categories:
• Victoria University Research Impact Award
• Bartercard Online Achievement Award
• CFA Volunteer Excellence Award
• Saward Dawson Community Service and Social Impact Award
• The Victoria Government Group Achievement in the Community Award
• First National Real Estate Leadership Award
• The Coffee Club Arts and Fashion Award
• Bart ‘N’ Print Health and Wellbeing Award
Category winners will each receive a $1,000 Bartercard Account plus $1,000 into an account from Bank of Melbourne and a magnificent trophy.
One of the eight category winners will be chosen as the Victorian Young Achiever of the Year and will win an additional $2,000 Jetstar flight voucher and a state trophy.
Everyone that submits a nomination will go into the draw for a $200 voucher from The Coffee Club.
To submit a nomination, go online and select Nominate Now.
Submissions close on Thursday 1 December 2016. For assistance, please feel free to call the Awards Office on 9720 1638 or email [email protected]