The research undertaken by the group is aimed at increasing the overall effectiveness of protective packaging, reducing the environmental impact of packaging and minimising packaging waste.
Our mission is to provide a local, national and international focus for scientific research aimed at developing environmentally sound and optimised solutions to support the distribution of products and produce.
In particular, our focus is on:
- food security
- food packaging
- sustainable packaging
- optimised and engineered protective packaging
- packaging waste reduction
- post-harvest technologies
- biodegradable and antimicrobial packaging
- environmental and distribution hazards.