Accessing your account
It’s important to check your student email regularly because we use it for notifications including:
- course updates
- messages from your lecturers and students
- important administration issues.
Your email account is activated within 48 hours of successful enrolment at the University.
You can access your student email through a web browser using this easy to remember URL: www.vu.edu.au/studentemail
Log in details
Your username is your student number with an “s” at the start (i.e. s123456).
Note: your email address is usually firstname.lastname@example.org
Your student email password is the same password as your MyVU password.
Login via MyVU
You can also access your email through MyVU. Once you're logged in, click on Student email in the side menu.
Set up email on your mobile device
For the best experience on IOS and Android we recommend installing the Office365 Outlook app.
- Simply install the App by searching the iTunes store or Google Play for the Microsoft Outlook App.
- Sign in with your full email address and a blank password
- You will be redirected to MyVU where you will need to login with s+student number (i.e. s123456) and your MyVU password
- Your email account is now configured.
You can also use the native mail app on your mobile device - view instructions
Forward your student emails to a personal account
If you have a personal email account that you check regularly, you can redirect your VU student email so it's automatically sent to your existing email address.
To forward your student emails onto your personal email account*, follow these steps:
- Log into your student email account
- Go to the settings cog icon in the top left corner and select options from this menu
- Under Mail, and Accounts headings select Forwarding
- Click on Start Forwarding
- Type in the address for email to be forwarded to and select whether to keep a copy of forwarded emails in your Office 365 email.
Important emails from the University that are normally sent to your student email address, will now be sent to your preferred personal email address.
* Victoria University cannot guarantee the delivery of any email forwarded to an external email account. Keep a copy of emails in your student email account and regularly log in to your account.
Features, guides & help
As a VU student, you can download and install Office 365 ProPlus for free on up to 5 personal computers/devices.
Office 365 email provides you with access to:
- 50GB of email storage using Microsoft Outlook Web
- Multiple browser support.
You can also set up a personal Microsoft account at www.onedrive.live.com. A personal Microsoft account will give you access to:
- OneDrive for online storage
- other Microsoft services.
Note: Victoria University does not administer this personal account on OneDrive and cannot reset passwords.
Visit the Office 365 help site for guides and FAQs.