Check your student email for:
- updates on your course
- messages from your lecturers and students
- important administration issues.
If you are a first time user you can access your student email account within 48 hours of successfully enrolling at the University.
Your student email via the web
Login to your VU student email (using Microsoft Office 365) account if you already know how it works.
Your username is your student number with an “s” at the start (i.e. s123456). Your email is usually firstname.lastname@example.org. The password you use to access your inbox is the same as your MyVU password. You can also log in to MyVU and click the Student Email link in the sidebar.
We've also created an easy to remember URL for the webpage: www.vu.edu.au/studentemail.
Use this anytime to access the email via a web browser.
Login via MyVU
You can also access your email through MyVU. Once you're logged in, click on Student email in the side menu.
Set up email on your mobile device
For the best experience on IOS and Android we recommend installing the Office365 Outlook app.
- Simply install the App by searching the iTunes store or Google Play for the Microsoft Outlook App.
- Sign in with your full email address and a blank password
- You will be redirected to MyVU where you will need to login with s+student number and MyVU password, after which point you are fully configured.
You can also use the native mail app on your mobile device - view instructions.
Manage your email accounts
If you already have a non-VU email account that you check regularly, you can either:
- forward your student emails onto your primary email account, or
- use your student email account to send and receive mail for your other email accounts.
Forward your student emails to an existing email address
To forward your student emails onto your personal email account*, follow these steps.
- Log into your student email account
- Go to the settings Cog icon in the top left corner and select options from this menu
- Under Mail, and Accounts headings select Forwarding
- Click on Start Forwarding.
- Type in the address for email to be forwarded to and select whether to keep a copy of forwarded emails in your Office 365 email.
Important emails from the University that are normally sent to your student email address, will now be sent to your preferred personal email address.
* Victoria University cannot guarantee the delivery of any email forwarded to an external email account. Keep a copy of emails in your student email account and regularly log in to your account.
Features, guides & help
Microsoft 365 email provides you with access to:
- 50GB of email storage using Microsoft Outlook Web
- Multiple browser support.
You can also setup a Personal Microsoft account at https://onedrive.live.com/. A personal Microsoft account will give you access to:
- Onedrive for online storage
- other Microsoft services.
Note: Victoria University does not administer this personal account on Onedrive and cannot reset passwords.
Visit the Office 365 help site for guides and FAQs.
Office 365 download and installation instructions
As a VU student, you can download and install Office 365 ProPlus for free on up to 5 personal computers/devices.
IT Service Desk
Phone: +61 3 9919 2777 (option 1)