Professor Anne Jones
Professor Anne Jones joined Victoria University in November 2005 and became an Emeritus Professor in 2015.
She has extensive senior leadership experience in tertiary education with particular focus on increasing participation and improving outcomes for diverse groups of students including workplace based learners, early school leavers and offshore international students. Anne has had a longstanding interest in tertiary curriculum design, workplace based delivery and the development of teaching capability and professionalism.
Before coming to Victoria University Anne was Executive Director Academic Affairs at Box Hill Institute Melbourne.
In her role as Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic and Students), Anne was responsible for leading the provision of a high quality student experience at Victoria University. She was also responsible for leading the University's program of curriculum reform.
Areas of expertise
- Dual sector institutions - issues/solutions/models
- Industry-based learning
- International education including internationalisation of curriculum
- Teaching practice and student mobility
- The emerging tertiary sector
- The future of VET qualifications
- The intersection of skills and workforce development
- VET policy and practice
- VET teacher capability and its development